Thursday, March 06, 2008

Something New

I decided that it's time to post something new to our blog. And while Halloween is great and my husband makes a cute pirate, I thought it was time for a new picture. It's been a busy couple of months at the Wheeler homestead. One of the most exciting things was the arrival of our new nephew, Tobin Travis Thomas. Here he is looking a little worried.

He was 6 lbs, 1 oz and was born on February 2, 2008, nearly one month early. He is a healthy little boy and is out of his premie clothes as of this week. It was fun to be at the hospital with my sister--both of her other boys were born in Texas and this was the first time I got to be there for the birth. Ben and I have had fun holding our new nephew. He is so tiny and a great cuddler. I'd hold him all day if I could.

Unfortunately, his arrival coincided with the start of a new job for me and so I'm prohibited from seeing him nearly as often as I would like. No more working from home for me (i.e. sleeping in, working in my PJs, playing with my sister & nephews, enjoying mid-day visits from Missie & Caleb and eating lunch with Ben). I'm back to the 8-5 routine. I started working for the online costume retailer, costumecraze.com at the beginning of January. A new job is always tough to get used to, but I'm settling into a routine and the new job dread has faded considerably.

Ben is, as usual, busy with school and work. The credit union he works for opened a new Provo branch and he's been busy coordinating that and managing his always daunting homework load. But---the end is near! He'll be done with his MACC in December. That definitely deserves a YIPPEE!


5 comments:

Missy said...

'bout time!! Your nephew is cute and I don't think I've seen a baby that small with so much BLONDE hair! Cute!
And congrats on your new job! Sounds like it would be fun working in a costume company!

Danielle said...

YAY! I'm so glad I finally got to see a picture! What a cutie! I miss ya.

Kelly said...

What a cute little guy! I am ready for another one and have had some serious baby fever lately.

How exciting that Ben will be done with school soon. Has he committed to a firm yet? I think they are always recruiting BYU students at John's KPMG Orange County office. Isn't the beach calling your name??? We love it here.

Next time I am in Utah we should get together. It has been too long!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

YEA! welcome back to the blog world - not that i'm some amazing blogger myself! so i have big plans to send you a real email so that i don't leave a novel length comment...

Danielle said...

hey you.. where are you? can you not get online at work anymore? are you MIA? trapped under something heavy? hope you're doing good, love ya.