Thursday, November 01, 2012

Halloween

One day in late September Clara came running into my room and told me she wanted to be a bee for Halloween. So we made it happen. I looked around at bee costumes and couldn't find any that I loved so I made her a little bee pinafore and we found matching wings and antennae while buying the fabric at Joann's. Clara told me several times that Rex wanted to be a grasshopper but I couldn't think of a good/cute way to make that happen. We opted instead for The Hungry Caterpillar. I made his costume as well and had fun dressing my sweet babies up. Since I got strep throat twice during October, I was glad that I got Clara's finished a few days into the month. 





















We had trunk or treat at our church the weekend before Halloween and Ben and I dressed up as bug catchers to go along with our little bugs. Clara had a great time seeing her friends and collecting candy. Rex was happy to wander around and enjoy a sucker.



On Halloween night, Ben's parents came over for dinner and trick-or-treating. Connie stayed at our house to hand out candy while the rest of us went out. Since we were in California last year, this was the first year we were able to go trick-or-treating in our own neighborhood. 








No comments: